You are here

Research

Most of my research is concentrated in two areas:
  • American state government, federalism and intergovernmental relations
  • Career patterns of those who work in and around government.

Jennifer JensenThe Governors' Lobbyists: Federal-State Relations Offices and Governors Associations in Washington. University of Michigan Press, 2016.

Today, approximately half of all American states have lobbying offices in Washington, DC, where governors are also represented by their own national, partisan, and regional associations. Jennifer M. Jensen’s The Governors’ Lobbyists draws on quantitative data, archival research, and more than 100 in-depth interviews to detail the political development of this constellation of advocacy organizations since the early 20th century and investigate the current role of the governors’ lobbyists in the U.S. federal system. Perspectives on Politics published a book review in its June 2018 issue.

Here is a copy of my recent working paper with Wendy Martinek, "Judges, Parties, Gender and Campaigns: Exploring Attitudes, Activities and Implications," presented at the annual State Politics and Policy Conference, June 2018.

Please email me if you would like a copy of my review essay on state and local government lobbying research. I'm not quite ready to post it here yet.

Here are a few articles that cannot yet be accessed in JSTOR: